Tuesday, May 6, 2008



I had a wonderful creative shoot yesterday with some awesome people. Jessie & Ashley modeled and the lovely Isabelle was the make-up artist. We all had a fantastic time and came away with some spectacular photographs. We were out and about from 1 o'clock to almost 7, and my shoulders are terribly sunburned. It was worth it, though. It was the first time that I'd worked with Isabelle, and she's an amazing make-up artist. Her prices are very reasonable and I recommend her to anyone looking to have some unique make-up for prom or anything else.

Here's a few teasers from the shoot:





I finally got my website set up, at long last. HTML is a nasty booger. It took me about three weeks to get it the way I wanted, but I'm very pleased with it. Also, I have my first hater (see guestbook comments). Woo! Criticism is one thing, but come on! Way to be completely immature and rude.

One last thing: A pair of cardinals nested in a holly bush just outside of Justin's window. I was ecstatic when I discovered them and have been playing bird-paparazzi ever since.







Adieu for now!

3 comments:

Serphius said...

Wait... THAT'S the girl you've been worried about? Haha. You have absolutely nothing to worry about, my dear. If that Flickr page is the extent of her photographic "art," she's not going to have an easy time in the business whatsoever.

If you want, I can always give her some "honest criticism," since that's what I seem to be known for. I promise not to be too gentle. :)

Ariana Jordan said...

Oh, I'm not worried. Linking to her pictures is proof that there's nothing to be "worried" about. It's just that, since she's known me, she's felt the need to completely bash and belittle my work, all the time acting like she actually knows something about photography (but it's clear to see from her work that she doesn't know much). And this isn't just some random girl; we went to high school together--she's two years older, but I suppose that doesn't mean she's got a few extra years worth of maturity, apparently. It just makes me so irate because I've never been anything but nice to her. I work extremely hard for my photographs and I'll not have some Turd who thinks she knows something belittle me.

Geez, I shouldn't have written all that. I'm trying to keep a professional air about the place, but whatevs, I'll just delete it later.

Serphius said...

Haha. Well, it sounds like you've got a good perspective on things then.

Also, feel free to be catty with her. Staying professional is one thing, I suppose. But, you are an artist. You do more than just Senior Portraits and such. You have every right to state your opinion and tastes, and that's a major part of any field of art.